School of Chemical Engineering
The University of New South Wales
UNSW Sydney, NSW 2052 Australia
Hongyu Li is a Research Fellow with the UNESCO Centre for Membrane Science & Technology in the School of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, UNSW.
- Development of hollow fiber membranes for gas separation and for ultrafiltration processes.
- Application of membrane technology in CO2 separation from natural gas and flue gas.
- Study of plasticization of gas separation membranes and membrane treatment strategies for sustainable performance.
- Study on fluid dynamics in pulsatile flow and their effect on microfiltration performance improvements and their applications in membrane fouling prevention strategies in waste water treatment process.Analysis of composition of foulants on membranes in diary and bio-process applications.
- Evaluation of membrane chemical cleaning mechanisms for optimised cleaning efficiency in ultrafiltration of protein solutions.
- Direct observation of membrane fouling process by use of optical and analytical techniques in microfiltration process and evaluation of theoretical models in membrane performance prediction.